“So begins the harvest of souls!”– Mortarion
Become death incarnate
The Death Guard sets foot on Terra as the Shadow of the Warmaster release season continues! Sworn to spread Nurgle’s corruption and armed with their iconic chemical weaponry, the Death Guard joins the battlefield ready to bring death and decay to any who stands in their way.
Prepare to dominate the battlefield by deploying resilient troops and making your enemy fall to ruin with poisonous weaponry. Command the mighty Grave Wardens and Mortus Poisoners into the battlefield and stand your ground with the deadliest combinations of the Death Guard arsenal. Nothing can stop the rot!
Death Guard Warlords
Beyond their Primarch, the Death Guard hosts no shortage of grand commanders ready to lead their Legion into the fray. Check out the mighty warriors who will march into battle at the head of the Legion:
- Hadrabulus Vioss: Second-in-command of the Death Guard’s elite force, the Grave Wardens, Hadrabulus has led the Legion into the thickest fighting with impunity.
- Calas Typhon: The right hand to the Primarch and follower of the Ruinous Powers even before the Heresy, this unwavering commander pushed his Legion into the servitude of Nurgle.
- Mortarion: Primarch of the Death Guard and relentless warrior with an unmatched tolerance to pain. The grim presence of Mortarion on the battlefield is enough to bring despair to his enemies, as if they were looking directly at death itself.
How to start collecting them
There are many ways to collect the new Death Guard cards, especially during the first weeks after their release! Take a look at them:
- Death Guard faction crates contain 5 random cards, 3 of them guaranteed from the NEW Death Guard collection including a rare card or better, and the other 2 from all cards released so far in the Shadow of the Warmaster expansion.
- Get amazing VALUE with a time-limited bundle containing Calas Typhon, 15 Death Guard crates and an exclusive premium Calas Typhon cosmetic avatar, available from shortly after the Legion’s release until 10 AM UTC on 20th March.
- Take advantage of the current Battle Pass! Select the Death Guard as your preferred faction and start collecting them through card rewards. Unlock the Premium Pass to get even more rewards, including Legendary cards, exclusive cosmetics and an ALTERNATE ART!
- Play the event and fill your collection! Each reward crate in the new ‘A Mortal Grudge’ event has at least 1 of the new Death Guard cards.
- Check out the Daily shop! Every day there will be new cards for sale with gems for a limited time. Keep your eyes open!
New event: ‘A Mortal Grudge’
The new event of the Shadow of the Warmaster expansion kicks off with the settling of a rivalry that grew all throughout the Heresy, one between two of the Emperor’s own sons: the traitorous Mortarion and Jaghatai Khan, the Warhawk! The Death Guard has taken hold of the Lion’s Gate Spaceport on Terra, but the Khan, knowing the Spaceport’s importance, launches a swift strike to snatch it from the hands of his grim brother
With the full Legion marching to war, will Mortarion and his deadly retinue be able to hold out against the Khan? Choose your side and join the fight! Remember to complete the “Win 3 games” guaranteed daily mission to get a FREE entry into the event every day and kickstart your Death Guard collection!
The new Death Guard is now live! Are you ready to drown the galaxy in tides of malady? Get ready to take command of Mortarion and his Legion, and log into the game to test out the might of the Death Guard!
Everguild Ltd. is an independent game studio operating from the UK and Spain, committed to making deep and polished games with a never-seen-before twist. Everguild is pushing the boundaries of the CCG genre on mobile, with its acclaimed first title, ‘Drakenlords: CCG Card Duels’, and the more recent ‘The Horus Heresy: Legions’, based on Games Workshop®’s renowned setting, The Horus Heresy®. More information about Everguild can be found at everguild.com/press
ABOUT GAMES WORKSHOP
Games Workshop® Group PLC (LSE:GAW.L), based in Nottingham, UK, produces the best fantasy miniatures in the world. Games Workshop designs, manufactures, retails, and distributes its range of Warhammer®: Age of Sigmar® and Warhammer® 40,000® games, miniature soldiers, novels and model kits through more than 500 of its own stores (branded Games Workshop® or Warhammer®), the www.games-workshop.com web store and independent retail channels in more than 50 countries worldwide. More information about Games Workshop and its other, related, brands and product ranges (including its publishing division ‘Black Library’ and its special resin miniatures studio ‘Forge World’) can be found at www.games-workshop.com.
The Horus Heresy: Legions© Copyright Games Workshop Limited 2020. The Horus Heresy, The Horus Heresy Eye logo, GW, Games Workshop, Space Marine, 40K, Warhammer, Warhammer 40,000, 40,000, the ‘Aquila’ Double-headed Eagle logo, and all associated logos, illustrations, images, names, creatures, races, vehicles, locations, weapons, characters, and the distinctive likeness thereof, are either ® or TM, and/or © Games Workshop Limited, variably registered around the world, and used under licence. Drakenlords and Everguild are registered trademarks of Everguild Ltd. All rights reserved to their respective owners.