Victory isn’t earned, it’s orchestrated.Saul Niborran
In the latest set of balance changes, we see the toll of years of war begin to have a potent effect on the Legion’s supply lines and reserves of warriors. Those Legions better suited for this type of war come out stronger, while others suffer after dominating the recent meta.
These changes aim to curtail the over-reliance on a few neutral cards to enable very strong and reliable combos in the early turns. The expectation is that this will lead to a broader diversity of decks to be able to compete at the top level, with fewer neutral cards been used in almost every type of competitive deck.
SONS OF HORUS
- Chariot of the Gods: Change description to “Deal 4 damage. If target dies, draw a card”
- Second Wave: Increase cost from 3 to 4
- Diversionary Tactics: Change description to “Stun an enemy. Perfection: Deal 1 damage to it”
- Longinus: Change description to “Deal 4 damage. Perfection: Draw a card”
- Hold at All Costs: Increase cost from 4 to 5
- Dreagher: Change ability to: “(2) Give +1/+1 to all friendly World Eaters troops”
- Nomus Rhy’tan: Survivor 5. When you play a Teaching, gain +1/0 and Front Line until your next turn (2) Draw a card
- Kroeger: Increase ability damage from 2 to 3
- Forrix: Change ability to: “(2) Siege: Put in play two Barricades”
- The Breaker: Lower cost from 4 to 2
- Blood Angels’ Counterattack: Troops now appear on each side of warlord, when there are no other troops in play
- Ebb and Flow: Lower cost from 3 to 2 and change description to “Return all friendly troops to your hand.”
- Kumblai Bikes: Change description to “Flank. Streak: Create Kumblai Bikes in your deck and draw a card”
- Chogoris: Cost reduction lowered from 2 to 1
- Argel Tal: Increase ability cost from 1 to 2 and damage from 1 to 2
- Lord Malchial: Change stats from 1/4 to 1/3
- Abandoned Supplies: Cost reduction lowered from 2 to 1
- Supply Lines: Cost reduction lowered from 2 to 1
- Imperial Capital: Cost reduction lowered from 2 to 1
- Lectitio Divinitatus: Increase cost from 1 to 2
- Anacharis Scoria: Increase Health from 35 to 40
- Xanathite Abeyant: Change ability to deal 1 damage 5 times instead of 4
- Drilling site: Change description to “Gain 1 Energy this turn”
- War Room: Cost reduction lowered from 2 to 1
- Terraforming: Change description to “Choose an Imperial Army Structure and put two copies of it in your hand”
- Command Bridge: Increase cost from 1 to 2
- Astral Incursion: Increase cost from 5 to 6, and lower cost reduction from 5 to 4
I suppose it was too much to hope for.Gherith Arendi, Shadow Warden
The Horus Heresy: Legions is available on Steam, iOS and Android.
Everguild Ltd. is an independent game studio operating from the UK and Spain, committed to making deep and polished games with a never-seen-before twist. Everguild is pushing the boundaries of the CCG genre on mobile, with its acclaimed first title, ‘Drakenlords: CCG Card Duels’, and the more recent ‘The Horus Heresy: Legions’, based on Games Workshop®’s renowned setting, The Horus Heresy®. More information about Everguild can be found at everguild.com/press
ABOUT GAMES WORKSHOP
Games Workshop® Group PLC (LSE:GAW.L), based in Nottingham, UK, produces the best fantasy miniatures in the world. Games Workshop designs, manufactures, retails, and distributes its range of Warhammer®: Age of Sigmar® and Warhammer® 40,000® games, miniature soldiers, novels and model kits through more than 500 of its own stores (branded Games Workshop® or Warhammer®), the www.games-workshop.com web store and independent retail channels in more than 50 countries worldwide. More information about Games Workshop and its other, related, brands and product ranges (including its publishing division ‘Black Library’ and its special resin miniatures studio ‘Forge World’) can be found at www.games-workshop.com.
The Horus Heresy: Legions© Copyright Games Workshop Limited 2020. The Horus Heresy, The Horus Heresy Eye logo, GW, Games Workshop, Space Marine, 40K, Warhammer, Warhammer 40,000, 40,000, the ‘Aquila’ Double-headed Eagle logo, and all associated logos, illustrations, images, names, creatures, races, vehicles, locations, weapons, characters, and the distinctive likeness thereof, are either ® or TM, and/or © Games Workshop Limited, variably registered around the world, and used under licence. Drakenlords and Everguild are registered trademarks of Everguild Ltd. All rights reserved to their respective owners.