“May you find solace in your imminent defeat.”– Balthazzar Dupain
June proved to be a season in which the new content introduced during the Shadow of the Warmaster expansion began to stabilize. This painted a clearer picture of the Legions and Warlords that had either fallen out of favour in the ranks or never quite had a chance to enter them.
July’s balance update mostly focuses on giving a push to a selection of armies that have not been all that represented in the later meta reports, and characters that would at times feel awkward to play with. Take a look at the complete list of changes below:
● Balthazar Dupain: Changed passive ability to “Give +1/+1 to Imperial Army Infantry troops you put in play” (instead of only Traitor Auxilia troops)
● Veletaris Sergeant: Increased health from 2 to 3
● Vox Operator: Changed ability to “Choose a Traitor Auxilia Infantry and add it to your hand. It costs 0”
● Jaghatai Khan: Removed ‘Starts with 1E less’
● Tsolmon Khan: Changed description to “Rally: Choose a Sisters of Silence Infantry and add it to your hand. It costs 3 less”
● Selmegh Hawk’s Eye: Gained Flank
● Tempestuous Orders: Lowered cost from 1 to 0
● Targutai’s Sacrifice: Your Warlord now takes 1 damage per enemy troop return to their deck instead of 2
● Praetorian Recruit: Lowered ability cost from 2 to 1
● Assault Echelon: Increased Bastion from 2 to 4
● Shield Charge: Increased cost to 2 and changed description to: “Give Bastion 2 to a friendly unit. It deals damage equal to its Bastion to a random enemy”
● Stone Gauntlet: Increased cost to 4 and changed description to: “Give Bastion 1 to all friendly units. Each of them deals damage equal to its Bastion to a random enemy”
● Defender of Terra: Changed description to: “Put 3 Sentry Turrets and 2 Phalanx Warders in play. Give Bastion 2 to all friendly units”
● Ancient Rubellus: Changed damage from Backlash to 1-2 from 2
● Praetor Belgot: Changed Backlash to give only 0/+1 instead of 0/+2
● Moritat Vitas Phorgal: Changed description to: “Poisonous 3. Backlash: Give Poisonous 1 to your other troops” (instead of giving Poisonous 2)
● Succumb to Decay: Increased the cost to 6
These changes are already in the game, and a new competitive season is live! Conquer the battlefields to claim your rightful place as this month’s Warmaster!
Everguild Ltd. is an independent game studio operating from the UK and Spain, committed to making deep and polished games with a never-seen-before twist. Everguild is pushing the boundaries of the CCG genre on mobile, with its acclaimed first title, ‘Drakenlords: CCG Card Duels’, and the more recent ‘The Horus Heresy: Legions’, based on Games Workshop®’s renowned setting, The Horus Heresy®. More information about Everguild can be found at everguild.com/press
ABOUT GAMES WORKSHOP
Games Workshop® Group PLC (LSE:GAW.L), based in Nottingham, UK, produces the best fantasy miniatures in the world. Games Workshop designs, manufactures, retails, and distributes its range of Warhammer®: Age of Sigmar® and Warhammer® 40,000® games, miniature soldiers, novels and model kits through more than 500 of its own stores (branded Games Workshop® or Warhammer®), the www.games-workshop.com web store and independent retail channels in more than 50 countries worldwide. More information about Games Workshop and its other, related, brands and product ranges (including its publishing division ‘Black Library’ and its special resin miniatures studio ‘Forge World’) can be found at www.games-workshop.com.
The Horus Heresy: Legions© Copyright Games Workshop Limited 2020. The Horus Heresy, The Horus Heresy Eye logo, GW, Games Workshop, Space Marine, 40K, Warhammer, Warhammer 40,000, 40,000, the ‘Aquila’ Double-headed Eagle logo, and all associated logos, illustrations, images, names, creatures, races, vehicles, locations, weapons, characters, and the distinctive likeness thereof, are either ® or TM, and/or © Games Workshop Limited, variably registered around the world, and used under licence. Drakenlords and Everguild are registered trademarks of Everguild Ltd. All rights reserved to their respective owners.